Visitors to Park City Mountain Resort in Utah all experience something a little bit different. Averaging more than 350 inches of world-famous Utah powder a year, the family-friendly resort is filled with opportunities for every level of skier and snowboarder, from first-timer to expert. It features several training courses for the U.S. Ski Team, and at the 2002 Olympics, Park City hosted the snowboarding events as well as the men’s and women’s giant slalom. But no matter what you’re looking for in a ski vacation, there’s one thing that everyone can agree on when it comes to Park City—it’s big. Really big.
In fact, Park City Mountain Resort is the biggest ski resort in the U.S. You’ll find 7,300 acres of skiable terrain to explore, including 324 runs and 41 lifts. You could spend all winter exploring the mountain and still not cover it all. So how do you make the most of your trip to find what fits best for you?
<<With all the terrain options in Park City, it can be hard to know what you’re going to ski until you get there. Rent gear to ensure you’re hitting the slopes on the perfect equipment for the conditions.>>
The new EpicMix app is a great place to start. Download the free iOS or Android app to your phone, and you’ll have a nearly unlimited amount of information at your fingertips—from the wait times for lifts to a complete map of the mountain. But that’s just the start of what the app provides for skiers and snowboarders who can also track their activity, challenge themselves and others, and share information about their mountain vacation.
The EpicMix App
Created by Vail Resorts (and available at 10 of their resorts in Utah, California, and Colorado), the EpicMix app allows users to view their location on a digital trail map and get real-time updates on the wait times at every lift on the mountain. But that’s just the start of all the functions available through the app.
Visitors start with a RF-enabled lift ticket or season pass, which allows them to seamlessly access all the lifts without having to display the pass. The RF technology, along with the app on your phone, unlocks a whole new mountain experience. Here are the highlights of how the app will better allow you to explore the mountain and connect with friends.
• With the app, you can collect data on your skiing, including your vertical feet, altitude, and time spent on the mountain. At the end of the day, you’ll know exactly how high, far, and fast you’ve been skiing. Over the course of a day, week, or season, you can keep track of exactly how much skiing or snowboarding you’ve done and what you have accomplished.
• Skiers and snowboarders can collect digital pins, which are available for hundreds of adventures and special milestones each day, each season, and at each resort. Collect them as you explore the mountain. You can share those pins via Facebook and Twitter without even removing your phone from your pocket—set updates to automatically be pushed to your social media accounts. Pins include accomplishing a certain amount of vertical feet, conquering specific runs, or time spent on the mountain, just to name a few.
• EpicMix offers snow conditions, and you can view web cams to see specifically what’s going on at Park City Mountain Resort (in addition to other Vail Resorts). You’ll also find grooming information, traffic reports, and real-time wait information for every lift at the resort. You take all the guesswork out of what’s going on at the mountain and can easily find the best places to go at that moment.
• EpicMix allows you to both organize your photos from your trip and take advantage of professional photographers on the mountain. At Park City, you’ll find photographers throughout the resort eager to get pictures of you and your friends. They’ll scan your RF pass before taking your picture, and then when they’re finished, your photo will automatically be uploaded to your EpicMix account. You can share the photos on Facebook and Twitter for free, or pay just $50 a year for all the high-resolution, print-quality images, which are yours to keep forever. You can add photos of your own to keep your memories from the trip all in one place. In addition to Park City, you’ll find on-mountain photographers at Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Heavenly, and Northstar. You can also have photos from your kids at ski school automatically forwarded to your account as well.
• With EpicMix, you can connect with friends and family on the mountain. You can see exactly where they are so it’s easy to keep track of each other. With EpicMix tools, you can make plans to meet for lunch or enjoy a run together. There’s even an EpicMix kids site with its own privacy settings and features, including games.
• Use the app to invite those friends and family to a wide variety of creative challenges. You can compete in daily challenges, special event challenges, even full season challenges to see who can get on the mountain the most. For those learning to ski or snowboard, the EpicMix Academy allows you to keep track of your progress on your personal dashboard, earn certified pins, and share your achievements via social media.
• Once your trip is over, EpicMix allows you to share your stories and achievements. You can create a photo collage of all your pictures, pins, and achievements to illustrate your trip.
The mountain hasn’t changed. Park City still has the same incredible views and unforgettable runs. But with EpicMix, you can experience it all in a whole new way.